The Florida Independent Pharmacy Network (Not for profit) and Florida Pharmacy Small Business PAC came into existence in 2004, as the Florida Community Pharmacy Society and the Florida Community Pharmacy Network. In 2009, the names were changed to better identify the membership of the organizations which are independent pharmacy owners and others that support us.
The purpose of the Florida Independent Pharmacy Network is to serve the interests of independent community pharmacies and their ability to compete in the world of business, as well as to serve their communities as pharmacy has for centuries without regard to race, religion or gender.
1. To facilitate a grassroots informational network utilizing multi-media to communicate critical information that impacts independent pharmacies.
2. To better coordinate grassroots efforts of independent pharmacies from every area of the state in a unified message and purpose.
3. To mobilize this grassroots independent network on critical issues for maximum legislative and regulatory impact.
4. To offer value-added benefits for independent pharmacies such as opportunities to join other networks, buying groups, insurance discounts, and other services that independent pharmacies request or need.
5. To partner with organizations and / or universities to work together to improve the business model for independent pharmacies.
Florida independent pharmacy owners and employees provide multiple healthcare services to their patients and communities. Many serve as civic leaders, elected officers and provide other community services.